Leads the Way as One of Only Three Seed Health Laboratories Accredited in India
Namdhari Seeds Pvt. Ltd (NSPL), a renowned leader in the seed industry, is thrilled to announce that its state-of-the-art laboratories based in Bangalore have been awarded NABL Accreditation in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2017 by the National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL).NABL, a constituent board of Quality Council of India under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, provides third-party assessment of technical competence for testing laboratories. The accreditation is under the category of ‘Testing laboratories in accordance with ISO/ IEC 17025 – General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.’
Gurmukh Roopra, CEO of Namdhari’s Group stated “We are incredibly proud to receive the prestigious NABL accreditation for our laboratory divisions. This achievement reinforces our commitment to delivering the highest quality seeds to our customers. Being recognized as one of the first Seed Health Testing labs in India to receive accreditation for testing the deadliest plant pathogen, the ‘Tomato Brown Rugose Fruit Virus,’ demonstrates our dedication to cutting-edge research and maintaining the highest standards in the industry.”
The scope of accreditation in Seed Health includes testing for pathogens such as Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV), Tomato Mosaic Virus (ToMV), Pepper Mild Mottle Virus (PMMoV), Tomato Brown Rugose Fruit Virus (ToBRFv), Cucumber Green Mottle Mosaic virus (CGMMV), Squash Mosaic Virus (SqMV), and Xanthomonas spp. NSPL follows 100% ISTA and ISHI-Veg protocols for testing all pathogens included in the scope. Additionally, the Molecular Biology and Quality Checking (QC) lab has been accredited for Genetic Purity analysis (GPA), DNA fingerprinting, Germination, Physical Purity (PP), and moisture content tests in numerous crops.
“Receiving the NABL Accreditation is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our team of experts. The journey to align our testing processes with NABL requirements was challenging, but our commitment to quality and continuous improvement drove us forward. This accreditation will further boost our operational control and mitigate risks, ultimately ensuring that our customers receive reliable and accurately tested products.” said Sameer Sawant, President (Seeds Business), Namdhari Seeds.
Benefits of NABL Accreditation:
- Global Recognition: NABL’s Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRA) with ILAC and APAC facilitate global acceptance of test/calibration reports, reducing technical barriers to trade.
- Confidence in Testing Reports: International recognition builds confidence in the testing process and product quality among customers.
- Robust Quality Management System: Accreditation establishes a robust quality management system, reducing errors, inefficiency, and costs.
- Continual Improvement: NABL’s traceability, accountability, impartiality, and competency requirements trigger continual improvement in the organization.
- Government and Regulatory Acceptance: NABL accreditation is recognized and accepted by various government bodies and regulators in India.
- Enhanced Customer Confidence: Accreditation increases customer confidence and satisfaction, potentially leading to increased business opportunities.
Namdhari Seeds Pvt. Ltd is now better equipped than ever to provide its customers with the finest quality seeds through its trustworthy, reliable, and NABL-recognized laboratories.