From vegan delicacies to fast microwave snacks, at iba 2023 DeutscheBack is showing a wide range of solutions for the international baking industry • Thanks to its network, DeutscheBack covers the entire value chain in baked goods production
DeutscheBack GmbH & Co. KG in Ahrensburg near Hamburg, Germany is presenting innovative baking concepts for the international bakery industry in Munich at iba 2023, the world’s leading bakery trade fair. The company’s booth (B4/210) is styled like an international café and presents baking concepts that can be used worldwide. There, in a relaxed atmosphere and using a show bakery, DeutscheBack’s experts demonstrate the added value they offer for baked goods manufacturers and consumers in different markets.
Baked goods are an important part of global nutrition. They are eaten everywhere in the world at every time of day, in and out of the home. Baked goods manufacturers face the challenge of developing product innovations that address trends like flavour, health, and sustainability, while being economical to make.
For these challenges DeutscheBack has developed solutions that work worldwide, and is presenting them at iba. Eight central concepts address current trends as well as regional needs:
- Vegan fine baking: DeutscheBack is presenting purely plant-based chocolate and lemon ring cake, brownies, and fruitcake for the growing community of vegans and flexitarians. These vegan alternatives enable bakeries to respond to a growing consumer need, without asking them to forego enjoyment. A special feature of DeutscheBack’s vegan products is that they taste just like their conventional predecessors.
- Microwave cupcakes: Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes baked in the microwave, and microwave-made chocolate cake, are the answer to the demand for fast and easy snack options, and are especially popular in Latin America. They are ideal for retail, and enable consumers to enjoy fresh baked goods in just seconds.
- Emulsifier substitute: DeutscheBack is presenting sandwich bread without emulsifiers to meet current nutrition trends. The use of alternatives to conventional emulsifiers can enable a “cleaner” ingredients list and so higher market acceptance.
- Gluten optimizer: DeutscheBack is presenting sandwich bread with a gluten optimizer, appealing to a growing target group of health-conscious consumers and allergy sufferers.
- Fresh-keeping: DeutscheBack is showing international applications for hamburger buns and madeleines that enable longer freshness preservation, to reduce food waste and simplify logistics.
- Flatbread and tortillas: DeutscheBack is showing maize tortillas and wheat tortillas that appeal to the tastes of international markets, and are adapted to specific regional preferences and eating habits. This lets the baking industry reach a broader public.
- Sugar Replacer: DeutscheBack is presenting rolls with the enzyme combination Omnizym as an alternative to conventional sugar. Reduced sugar is not only healthier, but also an economical answer to rising commodity prices.
- Frozen baking concepts: The donuts and baguettes presented by the company are thawed on site and baked fresh. They offer bakeries flexibility in production and storage, without compromising on quality or fresh-keeping.
At iba 2023 DeutscheBack is presenting a selected portfolio that covers international applications, thus demonstrating its expertise and global reach in the baked goods industry. Together with its partner affiliates, Stern ingredients Mexico and Stern Ingredients Asia-Pacific, in Munich the company is demonstrating its ability to deliver custom solutions for various markets.
The partner approach is a central element of the company strategy. Through close customer relationships via its foreign affiliates, DeutscheBack can focus on regional and specific requirements. Thanks to its strong network in the parent Stern-Wywiol Gruppe with sister companies like Mühlenchemie, SternEnzym, SternVitamin, Hydrosol, and HERZA, the company covers the entire value chain in baked goods production. Their shared expertise ranges “From Flour to Final” – from processing the grain to the finished product, including special components like fruit fillings. With a wide range of standardized baking concepts, premixes, enzyme systems, and special ingredients like cream stiffeners and freshness preservers, DeutscheBack is a unique solution provider for the baked goods industry.
DeutscheBack GmbH & Co. KG will exhibit at iba from 22-26 Oct. 2023 at the Munich fairgrounds at booth B4 / 210
Following iba, DeutscheBack will exhibit at Gulfood Manufacturing from 7-9 Nov. 2023 in Dubai at the Dubai World Trade Centre,Hall 7, booth F7-37.